A few brief notes to help us help you find the best home
- Use the notes paper attached to help identify your buying profile
- Download the HouseSigma app from your App Store (ill send to you)
- Download the app “my toolbox” from dominion lending centres for running your numbers (ill send to you)
- If you like something let us know so that we can communicate your interest to the listing agent so that it doesn't become sold overnight
- If you don’t like something, just let us know and we can finish the showing and leave.
- If you like something but are hesitant on the price don’t let it stop you from placing an offer. In a strong sellers market, if were out seeing 10-15 homes and on the 4th home you think its perfect, let us know right away, we can finish the showings and start the conversation with the other agent (time is of the essence)
- Once we see a property that you do want to place an offer on that’s when our homework starts to show you how the listing agent came up with their price and start negotiating you the best deal
- If you are going to go to open houses on your own make sure to take one of our cards with you
- If the homeowner is home please DON’T look too interested!
- Look past staging and decor! Look at neighbourhoods and functionality
- DONT TAKE TOO LONG, you may get priced out of the market. We've seen it happen too many times!
- Take our pricing advice, combine it with your own thoughts/ budget and when it comes to a multiple offer, draw your high price line in the sand and be happy to walk away once you reach it.
FIRST THINGS FIRST. HAVE A CHECKLIST OF MUSTS/ NICE TO HAVE'S. IF THE PROPERTY YOURE LOOKING AT ONLINE DOESNT MEET THE "MUST" CRITERIA YOU SHOULD SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME OF GOING TO SEE IT
Renovations / work to be done + expected costs :
Location: 1. - 10
Finishings: 1. - 10
Room Sizes: 1. - 10
Lifestyle 1. - 10
Schools: 1. - 10
I believe this property is priced
Alternatively a tool I use this model to make every decision. Its called “the decision maker”
List the positives
Score 1-10 (higher the score the more important to you)
List the negatives
Score 1-10 (a score of 10 is a major drawback)
Is the positive score at least double the negative score? If the positives dont outweigh the negatives by a ratio of 2-1 then dont do it or at least think twice about it
When you decide that you like the home and you know you want to place an offer, you may want to give it a professional home inspection, or you may want to give it a quick once over yourself, if you choose this option please see our home inspection checklist here